Sunday, May 18, 2014

More Water Colouring Homework

I thought this stamp would be a great one for watercolouring
and I also see a few people thought so at OCC- Watercoloring for Cardmakers.
I tried colouring the stamp here and was pleased with the results. Now I wanted to try a different technique, something more water-colourish (if that is even a word).

While I am relatively happy with the flower image for a first attempt, as a card or painting it feels awkward to me. It looks like it is just floating. The stamp does not have a stem but I think I need to free-hand one in. I may also need to put more pink and purple in the background or maybe some green.
What ideas do you have to complete this? The purple frame and white card are only temporary.






2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful flower! Love the rich colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yours is beautiful. I didn't post this method. I tried a single flower, different stamp. As I went along, I felt it needed more color at the bases, and, I ended up trashing MY card...I over-worked it! GRRR
    We are never happy with our own work, are we?
    I am learning as well....so, I don't have any sage advice for you, except keep on "practicing"...that's what I am doing with my own water coloring efforts. LOL

    ReplyDelete