Sunday, March 9, 2014

From Lack of Colour to Full Colour


The inspiration for these two cards comes from incorporating the  CAS-ual Fridays Challenge #129 and the awesome card of Jenny who also participated in the challenge.
My idea was to have part of the image water coloured in various shades of grey, white and black and then the image changes to full colour as the sun comes out and the clouds lift. The division line between colour and non-colour was achieved by free hand painting a line with masking fluid. I painted one section then rolled the masking fluid off the water colour paper to complete the other section.   This great product was introduced to me when I explored Heather Telford's website ( a great site if you want to play with water colours and stamping).
I did not have a stamp to convey the message that I wanted so I ran the coloured image through my printer. It took a lot of fussing to get it the correct spot but I am happy with the results, except the bend on the bottom of the small card from jamming in the printer!
For the second card I settled on a "believe" sentiment because I could just not find the right words. I wish I could create my own stamp sentiments.


Supplies:
Inks: Distress Inks in Black Soot, Pumice Stone, Weathered Wood, Broken China, Tumbled Glass, Scattered Straw, Wild Honey, Spiced Marmalade, Peeled Paint.
Ranger Jet Black Archival Ink
Stamp: Daisy Thanks from Stampendous
Cardstock: 110 lb white for card base, scraps of grey and blue from personal stock for matte

1 comment:

  1. I just LOVE how you did that. So cool. I'm pinning this card and plan to try it myself. Just gorgeous!
    April

    ReplyDelete