Monday, November 14, 2011

peace

One of the techiques from Holiday Card Boot Camp just wasn't working out for me.  I was attempting as Jennifer McGuire suggested, to use the supplies I had at home instead of buying new stuff. The snowflake embossing folder I have is too busy for my liking, but I went ahead and tried to blend Broken China and Faded Blue Jeans distress inks and then spritz with pearlized water.

It doesn't look too bad but I just wasn't happy with it, so I altered it. I took a snowflake stamp stamped it with Versamark on water colour paper and then heat embossed it with clear embossing powder. I once again tried the two blue distress inks and spritzed with pearlized water. This I liked better.
I mounted the snowflake image on thick silver metallic cardstock and embellished with punched snowflakes using Martha Stewart punches. The "peace" wording was cut from the Winter Woodland Cricut cartridge.
I like how this card turned out but I have to wonder if I should of framed the snowflake image with blue cardstock. As you can see below it is very shiney, perhaps it needs to be grounded.

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Worth all of the effort. Your sketch is great, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card. I like the effect with the stamps and embossing powder.

    ReplyDelete